bus stop she

PIWC-Kaneshie Constructs Bus Stop Shelter

In pursuance of Vision 2023 of The Church of Pentecost, the Pentecost International Worship Centre, Kaneshie (PIWC-Kaneshie) in the Kaneshie Area has erected a shelter at the Atico Junction bus stop, off the Kaneshie-Winneba highway in the Greater Accra Region.

The structure was dedicated in the early hours of Friday, November 24, 2019, after the morning session of the “Accra for Christ” Crusade that took place at the Kaneshie Anglican Park from November 19 to 22, 2019.

The event was officiated by the Kaneshie Area Head, Apostle Mike Kwame Etrue, with assistance from the Resident Minister, Pastor Kingsley Addai, and the Kaneshie Area pastorate.

The purpose of the shelter is to provide a convenient waiting area for commuters and serve as an avenue to preach the gospel message of Jesus Christ. The bus shelter has a mini kiosk from which gospel messages and tracts would be shared. 

A member of the Worship Centre contributed 75% of the total construction cost whist the remaining 25% was financed by the church.

The structure, which is the first to be dedicated in the Kaneshie Area, is 10 metres long, 5.5 metres wide and 3 metres wide.

Speaking at the short dedication and hand-over ceremony, Apostle Mike Etrue commended the leadership and entire congregation of PIWC-Kaneshie for erecting this shelter. He further thanked the member who contributed immensely towards the project. 

Apostle Mike Etrue also used the opportunity to advise the representatives of the Assembly to ensure that the shelter is maintained to prolong its lifespan so that it would continue to serve commuters. 

He urged the assembly to adopt a good maintenance culture to ensure that all projects undertaken in the Assembly last longer. 

He also advised the government officials present and members of the church to desist from engaging in corrupt practices at all levels to ensure national development.

After dedicating the facility to the glory of God, Apostle Etrue handed it over to the Ablekuma South Municipal Assembly, represented by Honourable Robert Kwame Dadzie (Presiding Member of the area and Assemblyman for Adwenbu electoral area.)

Hon. Dadzie was in the company of Mr. Lawrence Tagoe, an Estate Developer at the Works Department of the Ablekuma South Municipal Assembly. The two officials took turns to commend the church for the kind gesture and also requested for more of such facilities in other parts of the Assembly.

Present at the ceremony were Mrs Margaret Addai (Wife of the Resident Minister), Elder Emmanuel Dadzie (Presiding Elder, PIWC-Kaneshie), and members of PIWC- Kaneshie.

Report by Gideon Osei Ansong

Tags: No tags

Add a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *