To become a leading Christian Counselling Ministry in the church and in Ghana that will provide professional services to individuals and help them to make informed decisions that will impact their lives and their communities.
We exist to establish responsible and self-sustaining churches filled with committed, Spirit-filled Christians of character, who will impact their communities
THE CHURCH OF PENTECOST COUNSELLING MINISTRY (COPCOM)
Although the centre of Christianity has shifted to Africa, this growth is not commensurate with the provision of counselling services to address the psychosocial challenges and the mental health needs of supplicants in order to facilitate their spiritual growth. The rise of destitution in Africa, low number of trained mental health workers, and the poor expenditure patterns of most African governments on mental health present clear reasons why the church in Africa should be a partner in the provision of caregiving support and mental health services of the population. In the Vision 2023 of The Church of Pentecost (CoP), there is an intentional plan to expand counselling and mental health support services in the church.
The Church of Pentecost Counselling Ministry- COPCOM is one of the specialised ministries in the church that provides specialised services to the Church public. Its mission is to provide competent counselling and mental health services to make the Christian effective, ready to serve, and transform their communities. Consequently, the vision of COPCOM is to become a leading Christian Counselling Ministry in the Church and in Ghana that will provide both lay and professional services to individuals and help them to make informed decisions that will impact their lives and their communities.
COPCOM HAS SIX MAIN OBJECTIVES:
- To organize, train and equip counsellors in CoP to provide counselling and mental health services to our growing membership
- To equip all church officers – pastors, presbyters, prayer centre leaders, and other lay leaders with basic skills in pastoral care and counselling.
- To train all members of CoP specialised ministries (e.g., HUM, MPLWDs) in specific counselling programmes to meet the needs of their ‘specialised’ audience.
- To equip all teachers in all Pentecost Schools with basic counselling skills to enhance the provision of counselling and mental health services for our school children.
- To equip our prayer centre leaders with basic understanding of mental health and basic counselling skills to provide ethical and efficient services to persons who patronize their services.
- To equip the local church to become a healing community- a safe space where people can be comfortable to share their pain and receive support and help.
SOME OF OUR SPECIALISED TRAINING PROGRAMMES INCLUDE:
Pre/post marital counselling; Stress management; Working with traumatized children; Career Path development programme; Aging and Retirement; Pleasure of Pain and Parenting; Crisis management; Transitions in Life; Behavioral modification for common life challenges and mental health distress; Work-Family life balance ; Forgiveness, Restoration and Healing; Dealing with Sexual harassment/violence/abuses; Basic Skills in Managing your Mental Health, Breaking addictive behaviours and others.
WHO CAN JOIN COPCOM?
All qualified mental health workers and counsellors who are registered with Ghana Psychology Council can apply to join COPCOM. Additionally, any member in CoP who has compassion and love for people, has Middle School Leaving Certificate (MSLC), Basic Education Certificate Examination (BECE), West African Senior School Certificate (WASSC) and any other higher qualification, and is willing to be trained and certified with Ghana Psychology Council’s programme (Certificate in Counselling & Family Therapy Course) can join COPCOM. All our certified counsellors will be trained in various issues so that they can provide counselling and mental health support services to the church public and beyond. Interested persons should simply fill the Counsellors Membership Form (Available in each District in CoP) and speak to their Local Presiding Elders and District Ministers to begin the process of joining as a member.
For any further enquiries, all request should be directed to the following email and cellphone
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cellphone: 0596034101
| COPCOM NEWS >>>
Overseer Prof. Joseph Osafo
NATIONAL LEADER, COUNSELLING MINISTRY