To the glory of God, the Church, in 2022, continued earnestly in pursuing Vision 2023 guided by the theme, “Equipping the Church as an Army to Possessing the Nations”. These included remarkable results in soul winning, church planting, creation of districts and Holy Spirit baptism. To the glory of God, the Church’s overall membership grew by 7.7%.
| HEADQUARTERS ADMINISTRATION
As of December, ending 2022, there was a total of 442 non-ministerial Headquarters staff on the official payroll of the Church. They comprised 224 employees at the Area offices and 218 at the Head office.
| MEMBERSHIP ANALYSIS GROWTH
- Membership Growth Analysis – Worldwide
As of December ending 2022, The Church of Pentecost had presence in 151 nations (including Ghana), with a total membership of 4,203,077. This represents a percentage increase of 7.7% over the previous year’s figure. The Church in Ghana, with a total membership of 3,597,955, constituted 85.0% of the total worldwide membership. The remaining 15.0%, absolute terms of which is 605,122, was accounted for by our external branches.
- Membership Growth Analysis – Ghana
The Church in Ghana recorded a membership growth of 7.9%, leading to a total membership of 3,597,955 as of December 2022. This constitutes 10.7% of the 2022 estimated total Ghanaian population of 33,475,870. To God be all the praise!
The data again reveals that the youth, who constitute 44.1%, continue to make up the largest segment of the Church’s membership. Children’s membership constituted 31.1%, while membership of those above 35 years constituted 24.7%. As of December, ending 2022, the children and the youth membership of The Church of Pentecost represented 75.3% of the Church’s total membership. This reality continuously points to us that we must be mindful to factor our young people in planning our activities and programmes at all levels of the Church.
- Membership Growth Analysis – External Branches
As of December 2022, The Church of Pentecost had presence in one hundred and fifty (150) nations as against one hundred and thirty-five (135) in 2021. There was an addition of fifteen (15) new nations, representing an increase of 11%.
These nations were Andorra, Estonia, Guam, Iceland, Lithuania, North Cyprus, Sao Tome and Principe, and Uzbekistan. The others were the Virgin Islands (American), Venezuela, Armenia, Faroe Islands, St. Vincent and Grenadines, St Lucia and Latvia. To God be all the glory!
| EVANGELISM & CHURCH PLANTING
- Worldwide Analysis
As of December 2022, the Church had a total of 25,694 Assemblies and 2,898 Districts worldwide. These represent an increase of 5.1% and 3.7%, respectively, over the previous year’s numbers.
- Ghana Analysis
As of December 2022, the Church in Ghana had a total of 18,844 Local Assemblies or churches and 1,631 Districts. By the grace of God, three (3) administrative Areas were also created – Duayaw Nkwanta, Atonsu and Old Tafo Areas. The total number of administrative Areas in Ghana now stands at seventy-six (76).
- External Missions Analysis
As of December 2022, the total number of Assemblies stood at 6,850, while the number of Districts stood at 1,267. These represented a percentage increase of 4.9% and 6.7%, respectively.
| INTERNATIONAL MISSIONS
At the end of the 2022 reporting year, the number of nations in which the Church was operating, aside Ghana, had increased from 136 in the previous year to 150.
- Field Personnel
The total number of ministers in the missions field increased from 1,259 in 2021 to 1,370 in 2022, representing an 8.8% increase. The number of missionaries also increased from fifty-seven (57) in 2021 to seventy-three (73) in 2022, representing a percentage increase of 28.1%.
Twenty-seven (27) of the missionaries were from Ghana, while the remaining forty-six (46) were from various nations as follows: Benin (1), Burundi (1), La Cote D’Ivoire (5), Gabon (1), Mozambique (1), Senegal (1), Togo (3), Germany (2), Italy (2), Switzerland (2), The Netherlands (3), United Arab Emirates (3), USA (8), UK (6), India (3), Burkina Faso (1), Canada (1), China (1), Belgium (1) and Bahrain (1).
| INFRASTRUCTURAL DEVELOPMENT
Regarding ministers’ accommodation, it was reported that 1,562 out of 1,631 district ministers, representing 95.8% and 75 out of 76 Area heads (98.7%%) in Ghana, lived in Church-owned accommodation as of December 2022. The rest of the ministers lived in either rented houses or had free accommodation. We continue to thank God for His provision.