INTERNATIONAL MISSIONS OFFICE
The International Missions Office at the General Headquarters, La, Accra was established in 1991 to coordinate The Church of Pentecost’s (CoP) continuous growth on the international front. Hitherto, Missions work in The CoP had begun more than 40 years before the office was established. As of the end of 2019, The CoP by God’s grace was operational in 105 nations of the world including Ghana (Find full list in Appendix).
The Office is headed by the International Missions Director (IMD) who is an Apostle elected by the General Council of the Church, and an Executive Council member of The CoP. The IMD is supported by other staff who together form the working team for the Missions Office.
The International Missions Director coordinates all missionary activities in the Missions field by implementing decisions of the Missions Board, sending out missionaries, paying missionaries’ salaries, giving out grants for the building of Church projects, receiving and analyzing reports from the nations, training programs for Missionaries and orientation for newly called Missionaries, visiting the nations, among others.
The Office is composed of the following persons:
- Apostle Emmanuel Gyesi-Addo – International Missions Director (IMD)
- Pastor Gideon Boadu-Yirenkyi – Personal Assistant to the IMD
- Victoria Kumi-Woode – Administrative manager
- Ruth Adjabeng – Principal Accounts Officer
- Abigail Amponsem – French Translator
- Abena Ofosu Koramoah – Senior Accounts officer
- Elder David Marfo – Accounts Officer
- Elder Humphrey L. Tanihu – Accounts Officer
- Elder Reuben K. Atuah – Senior Driver (IMD’s wife)
- Elder Nathaniel Steele- Dadzie – Driver
- Andrew Osei – Driver / Office Assistant
- Elder Nicholas Amponsah – Office Assistant
- John Wulo – Security (IMD’s residence)
- Enoch Ennin – Caretaker, Missions Transit
- Percy Adams Oppong – Caretaker, Trasacco Estates
The Office has two units or departments- The Secretariat/Administration & the Finance.
THE SECRETARIAT/ADMINISTRATION UNIT
The activities that constitute work at the Secretariat unit include the following:
- Managing the Missions Office social media platforms and to use it as a tool to speed up communications between the National Heads/Missionaries and the Missions Office.
- Ensure that emails and other correspondences are responded to with speed.
- Receives reports from the Nations and ensure same is compiled on time for Missions Board meeting and General/Extraordinary Council meetings.
- Ensuring that documents for Missions Board meetings, Council meetings, Executive Council meetings and other meetings are prepared and distributed to participating officials well in advance before the commencement of the meeting.
- Collaborate with the Protocol Officer to facilitate the IMD’s travels as scheduled on his yearly itinerary, as well as those sent out for Missions work outside Ghana.
- Performing the day to day administrative tasks that ensures the smooth running of the Office.
THE FINANCE UNIT
- Handles all the financials of the International Missions of The Church of Pentecost.
- Receives and account for Missions Offering, McKeown Funds and other Income.
- Facilitates the payment of approved grants to the nations, pay salaries of missionaries and all other payments relating to International Missions