The Chairman of The Church of Pentecost, Apostle Eric Nyamekye, has reiterated the need for The Church of Pentecost to maintain her distinctive character as it launches out to transform all spheres of society in line with the Church’s Vision 2028.
Apostle Nyamekye, in a pastoralia at the 2024 Global Ministers and Wives’ Conference underway at the Pentecost Convention Centre near Gomoa Fetteh, touched on a few of the issues that needed attention. Below are some of the issues he raised:
- Make the Lord’s Supper service a solemn one. Praise/drumming time should be reserved until after attending the communion.
- Taking offerings should not be done by cajoling members by mentioning various amounts people should donate. Teach on sacrificial giving and then prayerfully raise funds.
- Let people with the ‘grace’ lead segments of the church service, such as the worship (adoration) time. It should not always or necessarily be the Osofomaame (minister’s wife).
- Study the Word and teach the people the deep secrets of God. Avoid storytelling in the pulpits.
- Manage church time creatively and with inspiration. Desist from prolonging church service beyond three hours.
- Make daily prayer and Bible study time a habit of every member. Teach on how to do it.
- Create a welcoming atmosphere at church for everyone. Be careful of a judgemental attitude.
- Desist from playing the keyboard (organ) or any other instrument during prayer and preaching/Word ministrations.
- Avoid using huge towels as handkerchiefs during Word ministration.
- Avoid interrupting prayer times with lengthy commentaries. Raise the prayer topic and allow the people to pray.