The fourth edition of the Ghana Finance Innovation awards came off on Friday, October 19, 2018 at the Movenpick Ambassador hotel in Accra.
The ceremony, which was on the theme: “Rewarding excellence in the Financial Industry saw a total of 35 personalities and institutions celebrated for their diverse contributions to the growth of the Finance sector over the years.
The Vice Rector and Dean of the Pentecost University College, Prof. Kwame Boasiako Omane-Antwi was the proud recipient of the prestigious lifetime achievement award. A citation accompanying the award said his outstanding service in commerce and public practice in Ghana, Liberia, the UK and USA as well as his remarkable innovation, tireless efforts has contributed immensely to the finance sector.
Also, Managing Director for Universal Merchant Bank, Mr. John Awuah, was adjudged the Finance Personality of the Year while Finance CEO of the Year went to Chief Executive Officer of Ecobank, Mr. Daniel Sackey.
According Mr. Akin Naphtal, CEO of Instinct Wave, organizers of the event, “it is an honour to celebrate with organisations at the forefront of promoting economic growth and lifting the veil on individuals and firms that have contributed immensely to the sector”.
He reiterated that, “We cannot underestimate the role of the financial sector and its importance to national development, a robust financial unit is acute to the success of any organization, keeping the business financially sound while implementing successful strategies”.
Below is the list of winners:
- Credit Bureau Company of the Year – Dun & Bradstreet Credit Bureau
- Technology Advanced Savings & Loans Company of the Year – Opportunity International Savings & Loans
- Finance Innovation Award – MTN
- Customer Experience Award – UMB
- Private Sector Loan Syndication Award – MTN
- Best Savings & Loan Pay Roll Provider of the Year – Bayport Savings & Loans
- Innovative Insurance Company of the Year – GLICO Life Insurance
- Investment Bank of the Year – Ecobank
- The Best Loan Provider of the year – Bayport Savings & Loan
- Consumer Finance Product of the Year – Barclays
- Excellence in Internal Audit Award – MTN
- Finance Team: Insurance (Silver) – Hollard Insurance
- Finance Team of the Year Insurance: Gold – GLICO
- Finance Team of the Year: Banking: Silver – Barclays Bank
- Finance Team of the Year: Banking (GOLD) – ECOBANK
- Finance Team of the Year: Telecom – MTN
- Finance Team of the Year Retail – Melcom
- Excellence in Financial Reporting & Accountability – Barclays Bank
- In-house Tax Team of the Year – MTN
- Internal Audit Team of the Year: Retail – Melcom
- Woman CFO OF THE YEAR – Antoinette Kwofie, CFO Barclays Bank
- CFO of the Year: Insurance – Franklin Beecham Baiden, CFO Hollard Insurance
- CFO of the Year: Telecom – Modupe Kadiri, CFO MTN
- Outstanding Contribution to Business & Finance – Victor Owusu Boakye,CFO GLICO
- CFO of the Year: Manufacturing – Vipul Bhardwaj; CFO, Fabrimetal
- Pension CFO of the Year – Belinda Tandoh, CFO GLICO Pensions
- CFO of the Year: Retail – M. R Kumar, CFO Melcom
- CFO of the Year: Banking – Edward Botchway
- Risk Management Personality of the Year: Joana Mensah
- Pension CEO of the Year: Dr. Francis Sapara Grant; CEO Glico Pensions
- Savings & Loan CEO of the Year – Kwame Owusu-Boateng; CEO Opportunity International Savings & Loan
- Credit Bureau CEO of the Year – Adebowale Atobatele, GM, Dun & Bradstreet
- Finance Personality of the Year – John Awuah, MD, UMB
- Finance CEO of the Year: Mr. Daniel Sackey, CEO Ecobank
- Life Time Achievement Award – Prof. Kwame Boasiako Omane-Antwi
Source: Miriam Hayford