Apostle Fred Tiakor
Apostle Fred Tiakor is the Director of the Children’s Ministry of The Church of Pentecost.
He was born on January 30, 1960 at Peki in the Volta Region of Ghana and had his secondary school education at Effiduase Secondary/Commercial School in Koforidua, where he obtained the G.C.E. ‘O’ Level in 1979. He earned the G.C.E. ‘A’ Level in 1984 as a private candidate.
Fred was employed in the Labour Department in 1981 as a Labour Inspector, rising through the ranks to the position of Labour Officer in 1991. Among his schedules was Industrial Relations and serving as the Employment Officer in charge of Tema District. He resigned from the Civil Service in 1998, having served for 17 years.
Fred Tiakor was called into full-time ministry of The Church of Pentecost in January, 1998 and has since served as a minister of the Church in various districts and capacities. He was ordained an Apostle in 2015.
He holds a Bachelor of Theology degree from the Canada Christian College and currently pursuing a Master of Theology degree from the South Africa Theological Seminary. He has attended many international conferences and courses, including: Personnel Management (Introduction and Practice)– M.D.P.I., Accra (1986), Labour Administration /Relations-Labour College, Accra (1994), Advanced Leadership Seminar– Haggai Institute, Maui, Hawaii, U.S.A. (Nov. 2000), Tutor Training Course for Children’s Ministry – Petra College, Abetifi-Kwahu, Bunso, Abokobi (2001, 2002, 2009) and Management Course for Leaders – Corat Africa, Agogo – April, 2006.
Apostle Tiakor has also travelled extensively to U.S.A, Europe, Asia and Africa, mostly on official church assignment.
He is married to Agnes Tiakor and are blessed with three children, namely Stella, Stephen and Samuel.
- He has general supervision of all the activities of the Children’s Ministry
- He plans such activities as shall help the children grow and sustain their interest in the Ministry
- He plans and executes such training schemes as will equip the teachers for the spiritual upbringing of the children
- He is responsible for the preparation of the Ministry’s syllabus and arranging for teaching and learning aids for the Ministry
- He arranges rallies from time to time for the Ministry
- He is responsible to the Chairman of The Church for the effective administration of the Children’s Ministry
- He performs any other functions that he may be assigned by the General Council or the Executive Council.