The mad rush in the global space of many people to get rich at all cost leaves much to be desired. Without a shadow of doubt, these crop of people who want to get rich at all cost usually may not have clear-cut goals (short, medium or long term), have no value for the precious state of their souls, do not give a dime to the God/divine-factor and would cut any corner to outwit others.
Our scripture reading teaches us that:
- The love of money is a root of all kinds of evil. Do I possess a trait of that root as a youth?
- It is through this craving that some have wandered away from the faith,
- Not only that but pierced themselves with many pangs.
- For the rich in this present age, they are charged not to be haughty, nor to set their hopes on the uncertainty of riches,
- But on God who richly provides us with everything to enjoy
- They have to do good, to be rich in good works, to be generous and ready to share.
- Thereby storing up treasure for themselves as a good foundation for the future,
- So that they may take hold of that which is truly life.
My desire and love for God should impact on my love of money.