Wednesday June 22, 2022
Being God’s Masterpiece
Scripture Reference: 2 Timothy 2:20-26.
Rich households in the first century had special useful cups, bowl- type implements. And they had common clay and wooden pots used for garbage and human waste.
In our reading today, Paul is commanding his Son in the Lord, Timothy, to pursue being a useful, honourable tool.
Being an honourable vessel means becoming a usable tool, an effective instrument in the hands of the master (God).
Timothy needed encouragement to stay helpful for God’s glory. God is instructing you and me on how to become more fruitful for God’s purposes.
In our reading today, Paul lists Nine (9) Characteristics for Timothy and us to pursue in order to make us useful, fruitful and effective for every good work. They are as follows:
- A Masterpiece will have a CLEANSED life. Vrs.21
- A Masterpiece will desire a SANCTIFIED heart Vrs.21b
- A Masterpiece will pursue becoming USEFUL to God Vrs.21c
- A Masterpiece will choose to do WORKS for God. Vrs.21d
- A Masterpiece will develop a PURE heart to flee lust and follow after righteousness Vrs.22
- A Masterpiece will avoid FOOLISH ARGUMENTS Vrs.23
- A Masterpiece will be able to TEACH Vrs.24
- A Masterpiece will be able to CORRECT OPPONENTS. Vrs.25 and
- A Masterpiece will always be GENTLE WITH OPPONENTS. Vrs.25
Becoming God’s Master Piece is Possible, many Christian’s wish to become God’s master piece but are unwilling to subject themselves to practices which will turn them to become God’s Master Piece. Learn from Paul’s admonition to Timothy today.
Verse 21 says “Therefore, if anyone cleanses himself from what is dishonourable, he will be a vessel for honourable use, set apart as holy, useful to the master of the house, ready for every good work.”
Prayer Guide: Pray and ask for Grace to develop the desire to become a Master Piece.
Memory Verse For This Week:
Ephesians 2:10 (NIV) – “For we are God’s workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do”