Pastor Dr. & Mrs Asante: Celebrating 27 Years In The Full-Time Ministry
Dr. Samuel Kwesi Asante was born on March 18, 1954 at Kwahu-Daah near Nkawkaw in the Eastern Region to Elder Kwadwo Asante and Madam Mary Ama Asantewaa (both deceased). As an infant, baby Asante was dedicated by his parents. He was nurtured and discipled in The Church of Pentecost through his teenage years. He was baptized in water at Kwahu-Daah in August 1968 and has been a faithful disciple ever since.
Samuel Kwesi Asante’s educational journey span several years of un-relented studies. The journey has travelled the following institutions;
- 1959-1968, through Kwahu-Daah Local Authority/Roman Catholic Primary and Middle Schools, he obtained the Middle School Leaving Certificate and continued further.
- 1968-1970, from Akuamoah Acheampong School of Administration at Abetifi-Kwahu, he received the Preliminary and Intermediate Certificates of the Institute of Book-Keepers, London, United Kingdom.
- 1977-1978, he received a Certificate in Biblical and Leadership Studies at Christ for the Nations Institute, Dallas, Texas.
- 1979-1980, from the International Linguistics Centre, University of Texas at Arlington, Arlington, Texas, he obtained a Certificate in Bible Translation and Linguistics Studies.
- 1980-1981, at Southern California College (now Vanguard University), Costa Mesa, California. He studied for the Bachelor of Arts Degree (Magna Cum Laude) in Religion with Biblical Studies Emphasis, and a Minor in Accounting.
- 1982-1984, he had the Master of Arts Degree in Missiology (Study of Biblical, Theological, Historical and Methodological aspects of Missions) from Fuller Theological Seminary, Pasadena, California.
- 1984-1985, at the Institute of Christian Organizational Administration, Pasadena, California, he had a Certificate in Church Business Administration.
- 1984-1986, Samuel also studied at Video Films International Lingua Technological Training Studio, Pasadena, California for a Certificate in Translation, Lip-synchronization and film Dubbing.
- 1994, he attended the CORAT Management Courses at Mount Olives, Boadi, Kumasi, Ghana. Certificate in Management.
- 1998-2005, Samuel Kwesi Asante did the Doctor of Ministry at Oral Roberts University, Tulsa, Oklahoma. His Doctoral Dissertation Research Topic was “Process and Qualities for Developing Servant-Shepherd Leaders within The Church of Pentecost for effective cross-cultural Ministry.”
Dr Samuel Kwesi Asante worked with the organisations listed below in different capacities;
- 1975-1977, Accounts Clerk, State Transport Corporation (Accra Branch), Accra Industrial Area, Ghana.
- 1982-1986, Accountant, World Vision, U.S. Head office (Finance Division), Monrovia, California.
- 1990-1992, Financial/Loan Consultant, William Morris Financial, Arcadia, California.
- 1991-1992, Financial/Loan Consultant, Landful Financial, Rosemead, California.
- 2000-2002, Account Executive, Ameriquest Mortgage, Dallas, Texas.
On September 11, 1982, God joined Mr. Samuel Kwesi Asante and Miss Ellen Ama Boamah together in marriage at The Church of Pentecost, Merry Villas Assembly in Accra. God has blessed them with two handsome boys, Emmanuel and Michael. In her determination to be effective in her calling, Mrs. Ellen Asante pursued further ministerial training in 1999, and obtained the Associate of Arts Degree in Practical Theology from Christ for the Nations Institute, Dallas, Texas.
Dr. Samuel Kwesi Asante has four publications to his credit. They are:
- The Beauty of Servant-Shepherd Leadership. Advocate Publishing Ltd, Accra, 180 pages.
- The Servant-Shepherd Model of Christian Leadership. Wise Image, Accra, 2018, 280 pages.
- Empowered & Transformed by Prayer Giants. Wise Image, Accra, 2012, 16 pages.
- Favoured by God. Wise Image, Accra, undated, 2 pages
On Sunday, July 28, 2019, Pastor Dr. Samuel Kwesi Asante and his wife, Mrs. Ellen Asante, will retire from active service in the full-time ministry of the Church. May God’s name be praised.