Home Cell & Bible Study And Lay Leaders Training Committee
The Bible Study and Home Cell Committee is in charge of pursuing the discipleship program of The Church of Pentecost through Bible Study and Home Cell groups. The Bible Study and Home Cell groups have been part of The Church of Pentecost for some time but its effectiveness and vigorousness was highlighted in 2012 as the adopted theme for that year: “Discipled To Make Others Disciples” demanded a revamping of our discipleship structure to make room for the achievement of the vision.
The Executive Council thus empowered the Bible Study and Home Cell Committee to pursue and strengthen discipleship through small groups; Bible Study and Home Cell Groups. The Bible is to be studied on Sunday mornings in small permanent groups as part of the worship service whiles Home Cell Groups meet within various communities on Sunday evenings.
The importance of studying the Bible in small groups (Bible Study Groups);
• It becomes the main channel for a consistent systematic study of God’s Word.
• Since the members are permanent, it builds fellowship among the members
• It increases pastoral care of the members as the Bible Study Leaders also shepherd the members
• It easily leads to change in attitudes and behaviours as members glean insights from their discussion.
• It also leads to the development of leaders at the small group level.
The Home Cell Group is a group of Christians normally numbering between 8 and 15, living within the same community who meet weekly (on Sundays) in a home for the purpose of evangelism of sinners and edification of saints. Membership is open to both Christians and non-Christians. Non-members (of The Church of Pentecost) are welcome. Every member of The Church of Pentecost is expected to belong to a Cell.
Home Cell Groups emphasize 5 core values or purposes which form the foundation of the church:
• To love God and put him first
• To love one another as members of his family
• To serve others with our gifts
• To grow in godly character
• To help others become disciples of Jesus
When these core values are being pursued at the Cell level, members grow in Christ-likeness.
Apostle Dr. Stephen Kofi Baidoo
Chairman, Home Cell & Bible Study And Lay Leaders Training Committee
|English||Asante Twi||Akuapen Twi||Mfantse||Dangme||Nzema||Ewe|
|Download||Coming Soon||Coming Soon||Coming Soon||Coming Soon||Coming Soon||Coming Soon|
“The Gospel of Jesus Christ is our only hope; it has the power to break the false philosophies of the world. There is no other hope ap read more