info@thecophq.org
Chairman Dedicates E. D. Aninkorah Temple

Date: January 5, 2018


The Chairman of The Church of Pentecost, Apostle Professor Opoku Onyinah, has dedicated and named a magnificent church building situated in the Demonstration District of the Teshie-Nungua Area after the late Apostle Emmanuel David Aninkorah.

He was assisted by the Area Head, Prophet James Osei Amaniampong, and other ministers of the Church.

The ceremony which took place at the church premises on November 19, 2017, first saw the church building being commissioned by Lieutenant Obed Akwa, on behalf of the Ghana Armed Forces.

Apostle Prof. Opoku Onyinah described the late Apostle Emmanuel David Aninkorah as a great leader who served his generation in diverse ways.

Preaching the sermon on the theme, “If You Think About God, He Will Do Something Good For You,” Apostle Ebenezer Quaye (National Head of Germany), quoted 2 Samuel 7:8-18 and explained that David had God at heart and, therefore, praised and worshipped Him. As a result, God in turn rewarded and made him King over Israel.

Apostle Quaye admonished Christians to remain in the faith, because the God who lifted David from the bush and made him a King over Israel and transformed his life has the power to change the destiny of all men.

The late Rev. Emmanuel David Kwabena Aninkorah was born on 4th February, 1932 at Okyinso in the Eastern Region. He attended Okyinso A. M. E. Zion School in 1939 and proceeded to Otumi Presbyterian Primary School in 1942. He also attended Kyebi Government Senior School between 1946 and 1949.

He taught as a Pupil Teacher at Okyinso Presbyterian Primary School in 1950 and later in the same year became a field learner at the Department of Agriculture at Osenase in the Asamankese District. He worked at Okyinso and was transferred to Akim Manso.  He entered the Bunso Agricultural Training School in April, 1951 and was later sent to   Apedwa in May 1951. He pursued his education at the Haggai Institute, Singapore and also attended Billy Graham Conference in Amsterdam in 1982.

Between 1956 and 1991 he served as a minister of The Church of Pentecost in about 10 different stations including: Okyinso (Akim Asuom), Agona Nyakrom, Berekum, Duayaw Nkwanta, Ouagadougou, Tamale, Takoradi, Kumasi and Agona Swedru.

He got married to Miss Paulina Yaa Kyerewaa in 1950. The Lord God Almighty blessed the marriage with twelve (12) children. Apostle Aninkorah was retired in 1991 at Agona Swedru due to ill health. He was called home in 1994.   

The Assembly named after him was previously known as the Emmanuel Assembly. It has been the mother Assembly for most of the districts in the Teshie Demo, Spintex, Manet and Tebibiano districts since its inauguration on 17th October, 2004.

The land was donated by the Ghana Armed Forces to the Church. The sod was cut to begin the construction of the building on May 21, 2010 by the then Area Head, Apostle Rigwell Ato Addison. The foundation stone was laid on May 20, 2016.

Report by: Isabella Gyau Orhin


More News